Friday 29 January 2016

Retreat with Jesus: Day Twenty Nine


Had some fun today trying to express the multi dimensional nature of this passage. Being a child of God is just the beginning, we don't know where we'll end up! There is a sense of eternity in verse three where it says that all of us who look forward to Jesus' coming, stay ready with the glistening purity of His life as a model of our own.  The world doesn't recognise us or take us seriously because it has no idea who He is or what He's up to. (The message)

I've always enjoyed the challenge of trying to create art that goes beyond 2 or 3 dimensions. Sometimes I've done it with shiny mirrored pieces, adding them to an otherwise 2D piece of art. Using coloured lights that bounce off the surface creates movement on an otherwise flat plane. I was excited to create today's picture coming right off the page, leaving shadows behind creating multi dimensions.  We see as through a glass darkly - 1 Corinthians 13 v 12. 'The voice' translates it like this…. 

'For now we can only see a dim and blurry picture of things, as when we stare into polished metal. I realise that everything I know is only part of the big picture. But one day, when Jesus arrives, we will see clearly, face to face. In that day I will fully know just as I have been wholly known by God

No comments: