Friday 15 January 2016

Retreat with Jesus: Day Fifteen


Today's reading is another one that I wouldn't naturally have chosen to read! I have been using the recommended daily readings for a retreat with Jesus found at the back of 'The Voice' translation of the bible.

Sometimes scripture can be a sobering reminder of who we are in relation to God. We are like the grass as 1 Peter 1 v 24  says 


All flesh is like grass,
and all its glory like a flower of the grass.
The grass withers, and the flower falls,
25 
but the word of the Lord endures forever.

This season of study and pondering is bringing me into a new place.  My mind is being stretched and hopefully transformed  more into the likeness of Jesus - the one who I love and desire to follow above all else. The book of Revelation points to the future when we all face eternity - I'm trusting that as I journey authentically in faith, my name is written in the book of life. May I keep alert to Holy Spirt and never find myself too busy to be conscious of His presence in every moment of my life here on earth.

No comments: