Monday 18 January 2016

Retreat with Jesus: Day Eighteen

The thought of Jesus writing me a letter today filled me with great excitement. (Trusting as I do in His love and acceptance of who I am.) Fact is….He's already written to me. The first few chapters of Revelation record John's experience when taken up into heaven. Jesus instructed the angels to write letters to the churches. Jesus gives great assurance and promise to those who keep steadfast to the end, guarding and keeping His word. In today's letter He says He will keep us safe from the hour of trial (testing) which is coming on the whole world to try those who dwell on earth. WOW -  that's a wake up call!
Regardless of the warning sound in this letter - I don't follow Jesus because I'm fearful of the future but because of the peace and joy I  experience in  the moments of every day. That said, I still love the fact Jesus speaks to us and warns us about our eternal destiny. I'm starting to take much more notice of the things of the Kingdom of heaven which I can choose to live by NOW - I'm trusting eternity will be but a continuation of my breath. 

No comments: