Sunday 24 January 2016

Retreat with Jesus: Day Twenty Four


Today I was struck by the way Paul and Barnabas made the Jews feel threatened to the extent that they in turn stirred up the respected women and leading men of the town, making them feel like their precious ways of life would be destroyed. So often we can be afraid of appearing impolite - not wanting to stir up the status quo or upset anyone…..especially us British. I am personally challenged to consider what my approach would be if people 'of influence' started getting upset about the things I share regarding my beliefs….would it silence me or would I shrug my shoulders and move on.

Here's the question….What has the Lord charged us with?
Anything that falls short of what we have been charged with is a compromise and can rob us of the joy of following the Lord in the fulness of the Holy Spirit. God help us if we quench or stem the heart of God, that news of His love and salvation should reach the uttermost parts of the earth. I hope it never comes to the point where the truth I proclaim has me kicked out of somewhere -  but the nature of God is that we cannot contain Him, His love or His ways if we want to walk as light bearers. Light invades darkness - and once darkness is exposed things are never the same again! 

No comments: