Wednesday 13 January 2016

Retreat with Jesus: Day Thirteeen

Today is one of those days I regret being so public about my intimacy in retreat with Jesus!

It's been a busy day - juggling a lot of STUFF and feeling like at the end of the day I deserve a glass of wine. Except…..glass of wine in hand I read today's scripture! (Having already partook of a glass of damson gin given at Christmas from the mother in law!)
Looooooong pause…..
Those of you who know me from years ago will remember my nick name. It rhymed with Chris!

I am challenged to take those huge draughts of God's Spirit that I know from experience far out weigh any need for alcohol. I don't want to cheapen who I am……I know that one touch from God can obliterate any need for the soothing effect of alcohol.

I may regret this post in the morning but feel obliged at this moment to be honest with those following my journey!

Jesus reveals some HARD stuff at times….I choose Jesus.


No comments: