Saturday 9 January 2016

Retreat with Jesus: Day Nine

Yesterday, for the first time in my life I went for a sports massage. I have been suffering chronic pain in my right arm and elbow since September. I decided enough was enough. I had ended up losing strength in my hand to the point where I had difficulty holding a cup! My sleep was also being affected as I was in great discomfort when lying on my right hand side.

Turned out it was muscular. On receiving strong massage on certain muscles in my neck - my whole arm went tingly and the 'trapped nerve' pain subsided!

In a very practical way I learned the significance of the passage today. Every part of our body is important and affects wider parts. One small muscle in tension can cause the loss of the use of an arm! It could be a while before strength returns fully to my arm  - but hopefully it WILL now recover fully :-)

No comments: