Tuesday 9 February 2016

Retreat with Jesus: Day 40




So 40 days ago when I looked forward at today's date I was excited to see it coincides with a major 'happening' in my life. I'm also delighted to discover it's pancake Tuesday! 
So the big event? Bri and I going away. We leave in about 10 minutes to get the coach to Heathrow and then onto Thailand where Bri is speaking at a conference and I have the blessing of tagging along! The conference is considering a 'World without orphans'.
The reading today is from Revelation 21 and verse 4 stands out for me as we go on our journey. One day we can be assured that this will happen.

"And God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: of the former things are passed away."

For the moment, we do our part in partnering with Holy Spirit to see God's Kingdom and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
As we start another 40 days towards Easter maybe I'll post some more ponderings. For now….it's been fun having you along! God Bless you in the next 40!

No comments: