Friday 28 November 2014

BLACK FRIDAY musings


I'm really not into all the hype around Black Friday. In my humble opinion, it's an unwelcome American import which UK media have only just woken up to! The cynic in me wonders if the media are being paid to profile this day, perhaps they're offered huge back handers from the retail industry to hype up the day to cause mass spending. Maybe they never intended that it would result in the sort of shopping carnage evident across the UK at the moment, but then again, the greater cynic in me wonders, maybe this was the media ploy all along, after all, 'mass carnage' in the shopping queues does make for GREAT headlines!

I consider some of the greatest evils in the world to be the ones committed in the name of Christ and today I am reminded of our vulnerability as humanity that we should be so DUPED into thinking that in the name of Christ and Christmas we can behave in such hellish ways - devoid of the TRUE Christ who LOVED and laid down His life…….



No comments: